Refer to the following instructions to properly measure your mat. You can upload your custom drawing here. Have a question or need help? Contact us!
- Make a drawing of the area you want to cover. This drawing does not have to be to scale but should represent the basic shape of the mat. Opposite side totals of the mat should match. (example – The total of the horizontal measurements across the top of the mat should equal the total of the horizontal lines across the bottom of the mat. The same applies to the vertical lines on the right and left sides of the mat.
- Using a tape measure, measure the areas and write them down on the drawing as illustrated below. You will need this information later in the process as we transfer this information from paper to the computer. Round your inside measurements (lip area) down to the nearest inch mark. (example – Your measurement is 25 1/2″ you would round it down to 25″) This will allow enough clearance to install the mat without damaging the furniture. This will not effect the effectiveness of the mat.
- Now that you have taken your measurements and completed step 2, it is time to double check them and figure the overall size of the chair mat. Check opposite sides to make sure that they total to the same #. If they do not adjust them before proceeding.
- Now lets figure the overall size of your mat as illustrated below.
- ALLOW 10″ FOR LIP AREA UNDER THE DESK.
- ALWAYS ROUND YOUR MEASUREMENT DOWN TO THE NEXT LOWEST INCH MARK.
- USE TOTAL SIZE OF THE OVERALL MAT TO DETERMINE WHICH PRODUCT SIZE TO ORDER.
EXAMPLE A: MAT WILL BE CUT FROM A 60″ X 72 ” PIECE OF MATERIAL
EXAMPLE B: MAT WILL BE CUT FROM A 60″ X 60 ” PIECE OF MATERIAL
*REMEMBER DRAWINGS DO NOT HAVE TO BE DRAWN TO SCALE. JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOUR MEASUREMENTS ARE ACCURATE. DON’T FORGET TO ADD THE 10″ FOR THE LIP AREA THAT GOES UNDER THE DESK. ROUND DOWN YOUR MEASUREMENTS TO MAKE UP FOR FURNITURE CLEARANCE.
NEXT: After completing your measurements, select which type of mat you need.